FACILITIES UPGRADES INFORMATION
On June 13, 2016 the Mount Vernon Community School Board voted to move forward with a $15.9 million bond referendum for facilities upgrades. Below is information requested by community members regarding the upgrades. Additional questions may be directed to Matt Burke or Amy Weber at (319) 895-8845.
MAP OF ADDITIONS
Click HERE to print the map.
LIST OF IMPROVEMENTS
• New Performing Arts Center at the high school
• New Multi-Activities Complex
• New high school art classroom
• Remodel the current high school art classroom into a science
• Renovate the ventilation systems in the existing high school
• Two new elementary school classrooms
• New elementary school staff workroom
• New middle school secure entryway
• Air conditioning added to the middle school gym
• Renovate the ventilation systems in the existing middle school
• New middle school media center
• Remodeling of the current middle school media center into three
• Middle school commons renovation
• Six new tennis courts to replace the existing three tennis courts
• Increased parking at the high school
• New driveway to the high school for improved access
ELEVATIONS OF FACILITIES UPGRADES
Click on the photos below for a larger image.
Facility Upgrade Q & A's
Find answers regarding the scope of the project and additional information.
Q & A Document
Additional New Q & A's
Q& A with Satelite Voting Information
Absentee Ballot Press Release
Voting in this special election can be done by going to the Linn County Auditors office prior to September 13 or voting at Mount Vernon City Hall on September 13 from 7am to 8pm.
Absentee Ballot Request Form
Voter Registration Form